Home Home Home

May 25, 2011

Letters to Family Members

Why is it that I feel like I can't talk to certain members of my family?

Is it because I hate conflict? 
Is it because I don't see a reason for bringing up a point of view if I know that it's just going to be bowled over and dismissed immediately once it's brought to the table?
Because in the end, some people never listen anyway.

I care about my family.

It's their life not mine. 
And I praise God every day for that fact.

Here is a place where you can enter every stupid situation you've ever witnessed. Be it
Getting pregnant when everyone knows they can't afford supporting a child.
Continuing to ask for money when they make big purchase, like a flat screen TV.
Living off unemployment 'just because'.
Not getting a job and expecting others to work overtime to support them.
Refusing to ask for help when you need it because it's just expected for people to offer their time.
Paying too much for a puppy because of it's breed. (us)
Starting a business while being clueless about how to run it. (me)
Quitting a job without a backup plan.
Jumping into a decision without any thought for your future.

And any other stupid situation you've put yourself in / had to watch play out. 


Some people have too much pride... Others don't have enough.


Right now, I'm having some issues. But along with the issues comes the realization that there is no aspect of the situation that I can control.

1 comment:

Mrs. G said...

Let it out... I hate talking to my family too because they can be so vindictive and will literally hold a grudge against you until on their death bed. So, I just avoid the members that piss me off. Passive agressive? Yes, but I can say that I am happier for CHOOSING for them to not be in my life.

I have my own thoughts on why she is being stupid but I am going to keep it to myself, I don't want you to think I am attacking your family.