Home Home Home

March 29, 2011

Us:Part 2

With the band season in full swing it was bus assignment time. It's was a pretty big deal to get placed on the right bus for the season. I made sure to have the saxophone boys sign up for the same bus as us. We were the upper classman and I may have put their names down when it was my turn to sign up so bestest and I had some of the first seats on the bus of our choice. I found myself seated with or near Jake often.


Soon we became automatic seat partners when everyone else opted to sit with someone else or decide they wanted a seat to themselves. I could have kissed them all. Jake and I were sharing headphones and long bus rides to and from competitions. I may have faked falling asleep once or twice... I know I'm a harlot.


After a while, and after everyone openly questioning our relationship status, I decided to tell Jake that I had a thing for him and that I thought he should break up with his girlfriend. He admitted that he had feelings for me as well... But couldn't justify breaking up with his girlfriend because she had done nothing wrong...


Oh my sweet, innocent, charming, adorable, innocent, thoughtful Jacob......


I was pissed. I wrote some poetry, journaled, and vented his stupidity with the vengeance of a scorned woman... Only he was feeling just as bad about it... We never stopped flirting. It wasn't until after his girlfriend attended a band event more than half way through the season that she, on her own, decided that there was more than an innocent friendship between Jake and I. She was a sophomore, I didn't care what she thought. She told Jake about her suspicions and he admitted the truth. A bold move. But effective.


They only dated a week or two more...


By then the band season was over and I told Jake that I didn't want to be a rebound (I know, I know. You have to be upset about a break up to rebound. I was in high school and had very limited dating experience) So I told him that he couldn't ask me out immediately after he broke up with his ex. I wanted him to think about what and why he had done so. I wanted him to be sure about moving forward with our relationship... I was giving him a chance out...


He stuck it out a whole week before asking me out.

1 comment:

Design It Chic said...

You guys are so cute together! Nice reading your story. I just landed here and you're doing a great job with your blog. I am now following you thanks to Wednesday Blog Hop and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today. It's very easy and it would look amazing on your blog:) See you there!
Happy Wednesday