Home Home Home

March 15, 2011

P-Dub

For Big Sis' birthday, dad suggested I decided to plan to be at Barnes & Noble for a book signing of The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummand. (If you aren't a follower of hers, I suggest you check her out.)

I got there late. I thought that because it was later in the day, that people would be dwindling down and I'd get in there, get my book signed, and get out.

This is because I had no idea what it was going to be like. I walked into the doors to find the place over run with women. and a line going around the entire inside of the book store. I asked a nearby woman if she was in line to get her book signed. She said no. She was waiting for the second group to be called to get into line.

WHAT?
Waiting to be called into line?!
More than one group?!

Needless to say I wasn't going to wait around for that. Don't get me wrong, I'm a P-Dub fan, but I just wanted to get a book signed for my sister. I didn't need to hold up the line of people dying to tell her how they've changed their lives when I knew she was probably ready to be done. Plus I'd feel bad telling her that I've dreamed of her house as my own. Only minus her. And that her romantic lifestyle of cows, dirt and children are my own. (Minus the cows..... and the dirt for that matter.)

It's just a little creepy.

Maybe I should have talked to her.

So I bought her book and left it up to someone else to make sure it got signed. (I didn't want to inconvenience her...) I picked it up the next day. And it was properly signed.

Ree is the nicest EVER!

She was at the store for almost 7 hours (or something close to that).... That's way longer than she was planning. You go girl!

She's SO pretty. I mean, seriousally, I hope after 4 kids I look that good.

This is me being kinda stalker-ish and taking a picture of someone else getting her book signed.

No comments: