Home Home Home

January 26, 2011

Lean Not on Your Own Understanding

Have you ever noticed that the things that you focus on have a way of bleeding into your life?

Can you tell what I've been thinking about recently.

I meditated on a lot of scripture this morning. God always shows us the path. His word gives comfort and what we put in our minds ends up seeping into our lives.

I was filling my self with bitterness, judgment and anger. That's what my life has been recently. I've been depressed, bitter and quick to judge.

My path in life is different, surrounded by different people and different choices to make. And they're mine to make. I shouldn't care about what others think of me. I shouldn't care about what others are doing. I should just focus on myself and my family and what is best for the two of us.

My husband is the spiritual leader of my family. It's the way that it's supposed to be. He centers my wild emotions and by his refusal to allow others choices to impact our lives I've come to realize that sometimes, I'm out of my freaking mind.

So there you go. I'm done with that. I'm letting you know that this is real life. I'm not always happy. 

So there you go.

Want to know the bible verses that helped me rationalize my self today?

Psalm 37:7-9
Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret, it leads only to evildoing. For evildoers will be cut off, But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Matthew 7:1-5
Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.


2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

2 comments:

J-Bird said...

Beautifully stated.

It's not important that you fell, it only matters that you get back up.

By the way, have you seen my eye log? :-)

Mrs. G said...

I have been the same way lately. It seems everyone I know is pregnant, and it is something I want so badly that sometimes there is some bitterness towards the people that I am not so enthused about them being pregnant. I need to let it go and trust that his plan is THE plan ya know? Love the scripture.