Home Home Home

December 26, 2010

The Hardest Christmas

Jake and I had to put Maverick down on Friday. Christmas Eve sucked... That's the only way to explain it.

He went from bad on Monday, to worse.

In a quick recap that I will go into on Monday, the last Mav Monday, when I explain everything, We thought it was a bowel/stomach obstruction. Then when we did blood work for the surgery we found out that he was basically going through liver failure. We chose to put him down Christmas Eve because doing anything otherwise would have been worse for everyone. We were scared of the possibility of seizures and having him be in pain.

So we lost our little pup man. He's in heaven now.

Being around family and friends during this time has truly helped ease the pain some. I still feel like I should be stuffing Kongs and taking potty breaks every half hour.

It's soon, but our breeder has offered us a replacement puppy from one of the 2 litters she has due in January. We're going to take her up on her offer. So come March we will have a new puppy... The idea of that is also helping to heal the wound... But we truly miss our little man.

RIP my little baby pup.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

That is so sad. I'm sorry you guys had to lose that little guy, especially around the holidays. I hope your new little puppy helps to ease the pain a little.