Home Home Home

December 11, 2010

Day 8: a picture that makes me sad/angry

I'm a family person. I've always been that way. I see blood as being thicker and richer than water. But it's hard when you need water to survive.

I'm not a very good friend. I'm kinda self absorbed and I enjoy doing things that i like to do. I don't like doing things that I don't like to do.... And I will refuse to do them.

I also have a particular way of looking at the idea of friendship. I'm very much of the mind that if I reach out and there is no response then balls in their court. I'm not going to go out of my way to please another person or force my way into their life. I think that I do this as a survival tactic. If I leave it up to them I can say I did my part and leave it at that. The other persona can't say I didn't try...

This way of thinking leaves you with very few friends... Mainly because one time of reaching out isn't enough. People are busy.

I just wish I could get over the 'if they really want to hang out then they'll call and we'll hang out' mentality. It's not working for me....

So these pictures represent all the friends I wish I had tried harder to have/keep in my life. I don't know if I'm more sad that these pictures all took place over 2 years ago, or if there are so few of them in the first place.

1 comment:

Mrs. G said...

I love the caption of the picture of us. "IT WAS HOW BIG!?!?"

Ha.

We do need to hang out more often. I am coming to your candle party so its a start. You also need to come see my hizz-ous (does that read as house?).