Home Home Home

November 22, 2010

Mav Monday: Dissapearing Act

The very day I brought Maverick home I spent most of the rest of the day with him watching tv and getting him use to sounds around the house, like the washer and drier, the dishwasher and other random things, like breaking one of Zeke's toys...

Then 5:00 came and I was set to meet Jake and Jake's sibs and their significant others as well as his dad and his dad's girlfriend. It's not the kind of thing that I look forward to, especially the day I picked up our puppy. I put Maverick in the soft sided crate that SIL gave us (her oldest pup used it for quite sometime before he got his wire crate so she didn't need it anymore). My heart broke a little as i zipped up the door and said goodbye to my new little love.


The dinner was eventful as we judged the earrings Twin got (the boys are too pretty to be getting any piercings...it's a fine line between MTV and other steriotypes for them) and the announcement of Jake's dad's wedding plans. After the coustimary 2 hours were over Jake and I headed home in our seperate cars. SIL brought her hubs to meet our little man. As we walked in the door I told Jake that Mav needed to be taken out so he could learn "outside potty".

Jake raced upstairs to meet our puppy for the first time since he's come home (jake had worked that day so I picked Mav up without him. SIL was an awesome sport about going with me). From the top of the stairs Jake called down...

Jake: 'Erin, where is he?'
Me: 'In the canvas crate... On my side of the bed.'
Jake: 'um no. he's not there...'
Me: 'What?!'

----at this point I'm scrambling fromt he kitchen to the stairs.

Jake: 'Oh, I found him. he wasn't in his cage'

----I just stood, dumbfounded as Jake carried him past me to the back door of our apartment.

Me: (as he came back in) 'what do you mean he wasn't in his crate?'
SIL: 'Oh, I forgot until just now that Boo Radely excaped his crate after a while... But it was about 4 months...'
Me: 'Great. we have a smart dog... maybe it was a fluke. Hopefully it was a fluke....'
SIL Hubs: 'I totally forgot about that until just now. Yeah he figured out how to unzip the crate after a while'

Saterday night went really well. he slept in his crate and I had the top unzipped so he could smell my hand if he woke up and I could feel if he woke up so I could take him outside to potty...

Sunday Jake had to work and I went to church, zipping Mav into the crate and praying that the incident from the day before was just a fluke...

It wasn't. I came home after church to a very happy puppy


sitting in a little nest made from out comforter
.
.
.
on our bed
.
.
.
.
with our cat looking on.
.
.
.
.
.
We have a very smart puppy........
.
.
.
.

.
.

Joy

No comments: