Home Home Home

November 20, 2010

Day 2: Favorite Movie

It's a tie... And yes I can do that. I refuse to choose.


Classic. Musical. Gene Kelly.... That should be all I need to say about this movie in order for you to understand why it's my favorite.
I mean come on. It's a staple. I had it on VHS recorded from a time when it was on TV. I owned it in VHS. I have the collectors edition DVD. The songs are ones that are implemented into my daily life... Even my husband is starting to sing them when situations are appropriate... It was the movie I chose to infect Jake with the first time we ever watched a movie together... which was also the first time we made out....
Anyway...
This movie will forever and always be counted as my favorite.

The other movie.....



In 2005 I was asked to go and see the new Kiera Knightly movie that was playing. I don't remember who I went with or if we saw it in the first few weeks it was out....

My common sense tells me it was with Big Sis and/or Jake... Possibly with Bestest, too...

Anyway. I remember Falling in love with the movie from the first shot of Lizzie reading her book.
The way the director refused to cut camera shots in order to show the Bennet life around their house... The rawness of the family life in that first scene... The romance of the clothes and scenery...

The music..... OH! The music.... Dario Marianelli's complete genius.... Listen to the soundtrack and tell me it doesn't make you want to live in this movie... Something about simple romantic piano...

And no, I don't care that you can totally tell that Kiera Knightly is wearing wellington boots in some of the outdoor scenes...

Anyway. I could, and have, watch it then go back and press the play button over and over again... You don't even want to know my record for this one... It's a bit obsessive and shows my complete nerd status...

A favorite line from the movie/book (I have many):

Mrs. Bennet: Have you no consideration for my poor nerves?

Mr. Bennet: You mistake me, my dear. I have the utmost respect for your nerves. They've been my constant companion these twenty years.


Hehehe...

No comments: