Home Home Home

September 3, 2010

Tri-Don't-Care

Yeah, Jake and I have, officially, experienced our first 'oops' in paying bills...

In June we received our monthly bill from Tricare and somehow it got misplaced. I can't cay it was necessarily my fault because the account is under Jake... and he has the password and all that jazz. I was also in rehearsals for the summer musical at the time...
*ahem, oh I'm sorry.... Yeah I'm pointing fingers here*

So June came and went.
July came and went.
The whole first half of August came and went right along with Jake leaving for annual training.

I went to pick up my prescription of birth control from the pharmacy and got smacked in the face by an $80 bill... For one month's fill of the Nuva ring. I mean HELLO, that's wrong. Needless to say I thought it was a fluke and I didn't pay for it. (I'm a pharmacist's nightmare) I left it there and told myself I would get this straightened out and pick it up later...

Suddenly, when I got home I open an envelope from tricare, thinking it was the bill for the month, and read a termination of services letter...

I freaked out.

This is health insurance we're talking about here...And Jake is, daily, walking around with a machine gun on base... I started imagining scenarios of him tripping and shooting himself, or others tripping... I called Tricare in desperation. They told me to appeal the 12 month lock out that is customary for failure to pay bill stuff... 12 MONTHS? Needless to say, I appealed that crap right away.

We won! OK not that I know if you actually win something like that but I feel like it's the lottery here. We have to re-apply.

Now Jake is about to come home and re-apply for Tricare (Army stuff). I'm nervous because there was no way I was going to pay $80 for birth control for a whole month when my husband was going to be gone for half of it... for $80 I should get about a years worth of the freaking stuff. And needless to say Jake and I have already been deprived of each other's company for three weeks (didn't I put that nicely?). Is anyone else catching on here?....

deprived - birth control = scary

What to do, what to do?.......

say some prayers, I guess.

No comments: