Home Home Home

July 19, 2010

Oh The Possibilities!

A few weeks ago, a wonderful friend of mine from the summer shows a few years back told me about an internship opportunity at the famed Columbus BalletMet. I started piecing my resume and cover letter together...

With my crazy schedule surrounding Oliver, I put it off until about Tuesday last week. I used connections to help me format everything (I have never needed a resume before now) so it all looked and sounded professional.

By Friday I had rounded up all of my references' numbers as well as found a second format for my resume (the first wasn't as clean looking). I emailed that lovely thing to the email address I was given with a silent prayer.

Today, I opened my email to this:

Dear Ms. R,
Jennifer, our Communications Manager forwarded me your e-mail and resume. Based on your career plans and past experience, she felt you might be more suited to an Arts Administrative Internship at BalletMet.

I couldn't agree more. Art Admin interns work closely with myself and the Executive Director of BalletMet. Responsibilities include managing a database of constituents, writing letters to politicians encouraging the continued public support of the arts, fulfilling requests from other non-profit 503(c) status organizations, and facilitating concise communication with our Board of Trustees. Interns in this position also have the opportunity to work on a project of their design that would help the organization as a whole.


If you are interested, please let me know. Most internships are generally one quarter in length, however if you are interested in a longer term, we would be happy to arrange a work schedule that does not conflict with your classes.
Thank you,
Michelle



I DIE!!!!!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

What a great opportunity! I hope you take it!!