Home Home Home

July 30, 2010

Internship Interview

So because I've only (basically) worked at one place my entire professional career, I've never had to do an interview..

After the one I just went to I should probably practice.

I went to an interview for BalletMet's Arts Administration internship. I had a lot of questions since I just randomly sent my resume and cover letter to BalletMet when a friend suggested I give it a try. I hadn't thought of BalletMet as a place to do my internship just because it was such a big name. I dont know why that seemed to stop me. Some of ym ppers are going with the clippers, or a pro team... Why couldn't I choose a pro dance company as my internship...

This all goes back to a low aspiration issue... Sometimes wanting to put family first in a dramatic fashion makes people question my decisions... then question my sanity... PLUS who the heck says being a stay at home mom is a low aspiration... It's the hardest job of your life, or so I've heard... So take that nay-sayers!!!

Anyway. I guess with my guilt knowing that I'd rather be at home playing with babies than working someplace that i actually think of as 'work' I hadn't thought to apply someplace where I really would want to give 10500% and soak everything up like a sponge...

So going into the interview I was 30 mins early and sat in my car until there was 10 mins until my interview. The woman I met with was totally cool and about to leave on her vacation so was very relaxed and understanding. I wasn't very articulate so I know I probably came off seeming like I was way out of my element. (I was) But I was so facinated by the inner workings of how the company was run I didn't really try to sell myself for the spot... I'm kicking myself now because I really really would LOVE this internship... I dont even care that it doesn't pay. Sign me up!

So I'll talk to Jake about it and see how much time I can be available (if I get the internship). I'm on cloud 9 just because I'm being concidered!

I'm totally geeking out right now.

1 comment:

Brie said...

Good luck! I hope you get it!