July 30, 2010
After the one I just went to I should probably practice.
I went to an interview for BalletMet's Arts Administration internship. I had a lot of questions since I just randomly sent my resume and cover letter to BalletMet when a friend suggested I give it a try. I hadn't thought of BalletMet as a place to do my internship just because it was such a big name. I dont know why that seemed to stop me. Some of ym ppers are going with the clippers, or a pro team... Why couldn't I choose a pro dance company as my internship...
This all goes back to a low aspiration issue... Sometimes wanting to put family first in a dramatic fashion makes people question my decisions... then question my sanity... PLUS who the heck says being a stay at home mom is a low aspiration... It's the hardest job of your life, or so I've heard... So take that nay-sayers!!!
Anyway. I guess with my guilt knowing that I'd rather be at home playing with babies than working someplace that i actually think of as 'work' I hadn't thought to apply someplace where I really would want to give 10500% and soak everything up like a sponge...
So going into the interview I was 30 mins early and sat in my car until there was 10 mins until my interview. The woman I met with was totally cool and about to leave on her vacation so was very relaxed and understanding. I wasn't very articulate so I know I probably came off seeming like I was way out of my element. (I was) But I was so facinated by the inner workings of how the company was run I didn't really try to sell myself for the spot... I'm kicking myself now because I really really would LOVE this internship... I dont even care that it doesn't pay. Sign me up!
So I'll talk to Jake about it and see how much time I can be available (if I get the internship). I'm on cloud 9 just because I'm being concidered!
I'm totally geeking out right now.
July 29, 2010
Interviews - I have one for my internship with BalletMet. Hopfully things go well and I can start planning my final quarter of school.
Jake - he's still letting me get a puppy even though he is deploying. Just so long as once he comes back, asuming that I dont go crazy with all our money (designer duds here I come.... NOT)... Once he gets home after the deployment we're going to look into purchasing our first home.... Then once we get into that (or just a place with a yard) Jake is allowed to get a big Greyhound. (and name it whatever he wants) Yay for some plan of action and a possiable puppy.
Plans - They give you something to look forward to... A light at the end of the tunnel.
July 28, 2010
July 27, 2010
July 22, 2010
July 21, 2010
July 19, 2010
With my crazy schedule surrounding Oliver, I put it off until about Tuesday last week. I used connections to help me format everything (I have never needed a resume before now) so it all looked and sounded professional.
By Friday I had rounded up all of my references' numbers as well as found a second format for my resume (the first wasn't as clean looking). I emailed that lovely thing to the email address I was given with a silent prayer.
Today, I opened my email to this:
Dear Ms. R,
Jennifer, our Communications Manager forwarded me your e-mail and resume. Based on your career plans and past experience, she felt you might be more suited to an Arts Administrative Internship at BalletMet.
I couldn't agree more. Art Admin interns work closely with myself and the Executive Director of BalletMet. Responsibilities include managing a database of constituents, writing letters to politicians encouraging the continued public support of the arts, fulfilling requests from other non-profit 503(c) status organizations, and facilitating concise communication with our Board of Trustees. Interns in this position also have the opportunity to work on a project of their design that would help the organization as a whole.
If you are interested, please let me know. Most internships are generally one quarter in length, however if you are interested in a longer term, we would be happy to arrange a work schedule that does not conflict with your classes.
July 15, 2010
- I'm thankful for a day off in the niddle of the week. I decided to take tuesday off because my hubs was off. I still went to class (bummer) but we went to look at cars then to my fav store ever TJ Maxx. Then went to see Grown Ups with his siblings. it was a pretty great day.
- I'm thankful that a well-slept husband is a happy husband. Jake fell asleep at 6:30 lastnight and woke up only when I demanded that he brush his teeth when I did. His second day off in a row consisted of a trip to the gym, out looking for shorts (his are all pretty old) and fly-fighing with his brother... Pretty good day huh? Then he came home to me taking a catnap while studying so he did dishes and picked up a little bit. What a good hubs.
- I'm thankful for friends who re-connect because they need support but then end up sticking around because they remembered how much fun it was to be there. School sucks for staying in touch. And relationships breaking sucks too... But I can't say I hate the fact that I'm hanging out with a close friend again, even with the circumstances.
- I'm so thankful for PB & J.... it's the catch all. so much protein and fruit. Plus yummy goodness. I could eat 3 sandwiches and not feel guilty about it.
- I'm thankful that I'm actually learning something in my dang Physiology class regardless of how often it makes me want to cry/scream/throw things. Like learning helpful things like the fact that if you try to put your body on a low carb diet while working out you'll burnout because you need carbs to release ATP which triggers muscle contractions letting you exercise with more ease. if your low on carbs you feel crappier than normal while working out... that = not fun. See, I'm smart... OK, OK so you already knew all that.
- I'm thankful that I'm going to be out of this damn place in another 5 months. By this place I mean work. after I graduate I am only allowed to work here for another 90 days as a temp. I'm cool with that because this place is driving me insane. Now I just have to graduate. Then comes the job hunt.
Hope you all had a good week!
P.s. Prayers would be helpful for me getting the internship I'm applying for. It's at BalletMet! Thanks Loves!
July 14, 2010
July 12, 2010
July 9, 2010
July 8, 2010
- Family. who knows better about when things are really wrong or soo right.
- New friends. It's my favorite thing.
- Shared Sarcasm. The best.
- My Summer Theatre Family. every summer it's like coming home.
- Life Oppertunities. I really want this internship.
- My hair. I'm lovin' it.
- Mindless Reads. Nothing better than to read a book that takes zero brain power.