Home Home Home

April 28, 2010

Wedding Wednesdays: Conclusion... The Beginning of Newlywed Wednesdays

So to end the wedding sessions here on my blog I'll give you a run down of some random thoughts I have about weddings in general, my wedding, and married life so far.

weddings are nice... an unknown perk: losing 10 pounds in the 2-3 weeks before due to stress.

I liked my wedding process, even the date change, because it was very me. I'm the kind of no fuss person who if I'm tired of thinking about it or talking about it I'm literally done. So once it came to a point where I thought I was obsessing over it I did a toss up and let things land where they may... Probably not the best idea, or relaxing for others involved... But I loved the results.

Note: if you decide to shoot down a groom idea they'll be on your case about it until the end of time.... Case in point: The suit. Jake while being totally adorable and funny in the beginning talked about having tails.... I thought it was a joke and his way of letting me dream about a truly vintage occasion. But I knew what would look best and what wouldn't embarrass us 30 years down the road... So I helped him pick out an alternative.... He teases about me shooting him down.... But he's really serious. He would have been pleased as punch to have been wearing tails... I would have loved it if he had compromised and worn the ascot styled suit. You know? tapered long coat, waistcoat, fat ascot tie and pinstriped pants... Total Edwardian/early 1900's high style. Too bad he said no to that.... So we went traditional black. Figures it's the one thing he complains about....

Having the girls pick their own dress styles was by far the best decision I made... Each girl looked beautiful in their chosen style. It showed their uniqueness and taste. I adored it.

I don't remember half of what happened. Pictures remind me of who was there how many people danced and what I did throughout the whole reception. All of the little details were so not important. I thought things went beautifully.

Every decision I made was right. The only thing I wish had been different was the music list. I wish I had set that in stone... While the music played was fine it wasn't really a good mash-up of styles like I had hoped it would be. I wish I knew what people thought of the cocktail music selections.... But I'm sure no one was paying attention.... I also wish I had had a grand piano at the wedding... The organ was nice and traditional, but I could have gone with some 'me' music.

Jake and I are 5 months as of yesterday. It's pretty easy to live with him. He's laid back I'm low maintenance (for the most part)... We're both home bodies, so there's no fights about what we're doing or where someone was or how late is too late. We're still getting a handle on the cooking thing. Jake loves the George Foreman and I evidently like tortilla chips and dip. This makes for a bad diet. So with recent shopping trips we've been trying to cut out the staples that use to be our meals before marriage... Like pizza rolls, chicken nuggets and corn dogs. It's going to be hard, but hopefully one of us will become inventive.

nothing has really caught me off guard quite yet, but I'm sure I'll be noticing some things once we hit the 1 year mark... Now it's all still a feeling out type of thing. We're not use to thinking as a married couple when it comes to making plans. Also hanging out with each other's family and balancing time spent with each is kinda hard... But we're working it out.

So that's it for now...

Wednesdays will now be a mix up of wishful Wednesdays and newlywed experiences. I hope you'll stay on board. It's going to be interesting.

No comments: