Home Home Home

March 19, 2010

I HAVE to Tell You

About this REALLY good book I read.

It's called Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. My MIL and SIL have been raving about it to me for, probably, the past 2 years. It's based in the 1800's in California during the gold rush. So 1840's? (did you know that I'm addicted to period books.... I love a good page and a half describing the architecture, CLOTHES, and hairstyles....)

It's about this woman who gets sold into prostitution when she was a little girl in New York. When she's about 16 she runs away to California determined to start a new.... Only to get caught up again in the only world she has ever known.

As a beautiful girl in the man dominated gold panning towns in Cali she passes by a farmer who is compelled to marry her, despite her past.

There are so many trials and tribulations that go with this book but it is AMAZING. One of the best I've read in a while. I give it 2 thumbs WAY way up. Give it a read and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Brittany Ann said...

I LOVED this book! It really taught me a lot about marriage!