Home Home Home

February 13, 2010

My BIG Idea

Singing is my true passion. If I could choose to do one thing with my life and nothing else... That would be it. Unfortunately I went after the practical and chose to get a degree I could 'use' almost anywhere... Which explains the broad sports and leisure choice. I was scared to chase a dream that I had. I didn't, and still kind of don't, know the full extent of what I can do. I chose to focus on my relationship and it was the best choice I've ever made... However, now that I'm settled I often find myself dreaming, truly dreaming, of things that I thought were out of my reach. I always knew someone who was better, more outgoing, more fearless than I was... And now that I'm focusing on me and not them I can see that I held myself back. I doubted myself.... and I'm not going to do that anymore. But I'm afraid, just the same now as I was then, that other people won't see the passion and joy that I get from singing. I know I have something special... It may not be the best, I'm not saying that.... But it's me. My biggest fear is rejection. But I'm going to put it behind me and take a giant step...


So for the first time I am going to make my big idea public...

I am thinking of auditioning for GLEE.....

They're on the search for 3 new cast members....(UGH... It makes me nervous just thinking about it.) But GLEE is holding an open casting call this month. Amateurs and professionals can send in a online entry and I'm going to be one of them.... If I could just find a good idea and get the video in on time.... There has been no true announcement yet.

Now for those of you who don't know me, I want to tell you, not to toot my own horn, but I have some talent. I'm not saying that I know I'm going to win, Because there are soooo many people out there that have a better, different, sound than me. I'm pretty strictly classic Broadway (like Les Miserables and Wicked) and pop. Not like Britney Spears pop, but more like Sarah Bareillas....... kind of. I don't know.... You'll just have to tune in and see, I guess.

So yeah. I might be posting audition song ideas.... of me singing. As well as brainstorming for ways to make me stand out....

keep this all in mind with my posts because I will need your feedback loves. I'm very nervous about the whole situation.

So I'm just saying..... Prepare yourself.

3 comments:

ihatemichigan said...

That is exciting. Good Luck!

Brittany Ann said...

Oh my gosh! I can't wait to hear you! Break a leg, my friend! You're going to be great!

Crystal said...

Wahooooo!!!!! You can be great, I know you can!