Home Home Home

January 4, 2010

YAY!!!

Jake got a JOB!!!

OK so it's not what he was hoping for. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

Jake is now a back guy at Target..... That's right Loves, I said Target. SCORE!!! 10% off at any Target store! Can anyone guess what my favorite store is?

OK if you guessed either Target OR Kohl's you still win.

So now we are both feeling a little better about paying bills. It's not his Rad-Tech job... But the pay is still decent. It's not a temp or seasonal position.... AND the guy who hired him told him that he liked him right away, even before the interview... And I think due to that Jake was told that if he did well in the current position he would be offered a raise and a better position before too long...... No, I have no idea what that means....

BUT.... Jake has a job! and that's all that matters......

And yes, he is now making more than me hourly...... UGH.... That's what I get for working a student job...... (but, I get to blog and do school work while I'm at work....)

5 comments:

etta said...

Hooray! that's great news! in this economy, a job is a job, so long as it pays your bills~!

Annie said...

what a great way to start the new year!! cheers!

p.s. new follower ;)

Jaeve + Things said...

Congrats! I know how you feel, I felt the same when my bf got a job a couple months ago after six months of both of us not working! It's a good feeling. Now it's my turn to get a job...;)

ihatemichigan said...

That's great. I worked at Target for two years while in college and it's a good job. They definitely do reward the hard working, non idiots they hire, so Jake should be set!

Brie said...

That's awesome! Looking for a job can be frustrating so at least he found something!