Home Home Home

January 10, 2010

Hard Morning

Jake's grandpa passed away this morning at 2 am.

After Jake left for drill at 4:45am I went back to sleep only to get woken up by Jake's dad calling me at 6:20. I ignored it ... I really thought it was inappropriate for him to call so early. So I started to fall back asleep.

Then Twin called.... Which is always bizarre. So I groggily answered. He asked if Jake was there and I told him that he was at drill (a fact that he knew because his drill got canceled due to no being on the deployment list.) Twin then told me that Grandpa R. passed away this morning and that everyone was really trying to get a hold of Jake. My heart broke.

Jake's at drill and can't answer any phone calls or texts until, maybe, lunch.

This is going to be a rough day.

3 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Praying for you and your family!

ihatemichigan said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this tough time.

Brie said...

I'm so sorry, that's horrible. My thoughts are with you guys.