Home Home Home

January 26, 2010

Family Game Night: Preping

We'll It's another week. I hesitated blogging on top of my Monday MK thing because I really wanted to see if people cared about my reviews even if they didn't buy the product. So far.... I don't think anyone cares. lol. Which is OK. It's all about trial and error.

This week is going to be interesting.

I'll start with back story.

Jake got his rad-tech job which really ended up being a GXMO job.... (I don't know what the heck that means, so if someone does please assist.) His training is all this week, in DAYTON, from 9-5. the paycheck will be awesome. Not seeing my hubs will not be.

Jake had drill this weekend. Waking up at 5:30 and coming back home at 4. Not awesome.... I feel like I haven't seen my hubs at all.

This week is going to consist of a midterm on Wed. (tomorrow), bible study on Thurs., and family game night on Fri.... Followed by a MK event on Sat. It's going to be curzy.

~~~~~~~

I'm so excited about FGN (family game night). MIL and I decided to start it so that we could see everyone once a month. We never dreamed it would be so popular. We made rules for the event and everything. Each person that hosts can invite 1-2 guest households to participate. Jake and I are hosting this month..... We're geeking out a little and are going to try to fit the 10+ people into our little place. (I WILL have pics to show you how it went.) I'm excited though. It's going to be our first real house party! Yay for being adults.... Boo for cleaning. Hahaha.

Anyway. So the rest of this week will be me cleaning EVERYTHING in our place. Joy.

I do like that I wont have to worry about cooking anything except a small dish to serve. It's a pot luck style event with BYOB. Awesome for every budget. (Plus this way the host isn't going broke in the process)

The 'Winner, Winner chicken dinner' for the evening gets the joy of displaying the FGN Crunk Cup. That's right. I have to go find a absolutely ridiculous, over the top, perfect gag trophy for the event. It will be passed off at each FGN to the new winner to be displayed out in the open for all to see..... I don't have it yet.... But I'm scheming.

So I'll let you know how it goes, what dish I make, and get a pic of the trophy and sardine action that's going to happen the night of. Wish me luck, Loves!

1 comment:

Brie said...

Have fun! Sounds like a great time and a great new tradition!