November 30, 2009
November 18, 2009
It's into the single digits here. 9... I really like the number 9. it's so 'N'd. nnnuh... nuuuuhhh. niiiiiiinnnuuuuhhh. it's a number you can really get that tounge going for... (Those of you who went there..... your dirty.)
Anyway. Yes N-I-N-E days until the big day. I only have to pack up the reception crap... I mean decorations ;) and finish 1 project.... Hang on let me check my lists.... yep 1 project. Then it's onto finishing up gift stuff and wrapping.
I'm excited. Jake and I went on Monday to get our marriage license. we were greeted by a guy that used to work in our home town's bank that Jake happened to use. Now the guy is a real bullsh**ter... In a funny/good way. We talked about how Jake and I were there on Friday but left because someone thought we needed our SS cards.... when really we didn't. And How Dolly Parton was a goddess (the guy was hilarious with his concert stories... I mean he's hard core. She signed his arm and he cried and went to get it tattooed on... Hilarious!) So we have until Jan. 15th to get married.... i think we'll manage just fine.
I also have my dress AT MY HOUSE!!!! I'm in love! It's perfect. The whole worry about taking it down 4 sizes because it was so awesome priced and perfect as it was totally wasn't worth it (and yes I almost would say I would have worn it even if we hadn't taken it in... it an awesome dress). But its perfect for ME now. It fits in all the right places. It bustles so incredibly awesomely I dont even know what to do... I'm so excited that my dress is so unique and perfectly me. There's no doubt who it's for and whose gonna wear that beauty. I'd probably kill someone who tried to wear it.... straight up. i don't ever want to see anyone else in it... Any other brides know what I'm talking about here? It's MY dress. if I ever hear my sister say she wants to put it on.... Crystal I'll kill you (she always has this tendency to look better in my clothes than I do... no joke.)
OK my protectiveness and jealousy is over now... we can all breathe easy...
phew. that blew out of control really quick. lol.
I have a lot of school projects that I have to get done before the wedding. So after my 1 final big project and my 3-4 tiny ones are all done by Friday..... (yes I'm determined) I'll start on my school stuff so I can rest and party it up at my wedding.
*To future brides... get married at a time when nothing is going on... the end of finals week is suggested over the week before... Just FYI. *
I've decided that I'm going to update and catch up on special days. So after the wedding I'm going to do wedding Wednesdays where I'll post about the bridal shower, bachelorette party, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, wedding day madness..... That way I wont feel rushed in the next 9 days... so those of you who are interested just know it's coming during winter break.
So that's it for now. I'll post when I remember that I have the time. Love youz
November 13, 2009
But this weekend is going to have a lot of running around. I have a lot of last minute finishing touch elements that I have to get/do.
Anyone have any cool gift ideas for the seamstress/grama?
What about the parents? 1 as a couple and 2 for divorced parents....
AAAAAAA. I'm getting married!
November 12, 2009
- Days off - I moved more of my furniture to the new place, ate a free dinner at applebee's with friends, watched a late night movie and got cuddle time in. It was an awesome day.
- Family and friends - They're keeping us sane. I'm starting to realize that it's onyl 15 days until the wedding... I'm starting to finalize things and get things wrapped up.... 15 days! wow.
- Forgiveness - too often do I say things that comt to mind only to realize after the fact that it probably wasn't the nicest way to phrase the statement...
- Datebooks - without it I am lost.
- My Hubs-to-be - he's so freaking adorable. And finally stepping it up, I think.
- Tanning - even though I'm so pasty white that I burn every time I go.... I love doing it. Too bad it gives you cancer... you can bet that after the honeymoon I'll go back to the world of translucent people.
- flexible vendors - They're chill about stuff when I freak out. It's nice.
- 15 Days - All the waiting is about to come to an end and I couldn't be more happy. I couldn't be more excited and totally in love with Jake.... It's weird. I cried the other day because I was so excited. It's been a week for it though. lol.
I can't believe it!
November 10, 2009
November 9, 2009
November 8, 2009
November 5, 2009
- Spell check.... it's saved my life many times.
- Strangers who help. I didn't know people could be so giving and supportive of someone they've never met in person.
- 22 DAYS!!! 'nuff said
- Chapstick.... I thought I was going to die last night
- DVR. How else am I going to see all the shows I wanted to see this season? not at their scheduled time, that's for sure.
- Friends who are cool with being helping hands. I'm very excited.
- Wedding bands. I stare at it as often as I can... just waiting for the day it's on my finger permanently.
- Classes that get cancelled.... yeah I don't even mind that I walked all the way there THEN remembered.
- Family that understands that I'm going to be sleeping a lot more as well as trying not to stress out. I'm getting a little testy and I don't like it....
- Sunshine and cold weather... otherwise the cold would be unbearable and I'd pout about it a lot.
- Tanning... i haven't done it yet but I have a feeling it will help with my pouting.
We had our last premarital meeting last night! Yeah! No more meetings of that nature. It was a good experience and it gave us many things to think about.... But due to the place we are at in our lives right now it was kinda hard to get any thing that would apply to our situation now...
The meeting with the florist went awesome! I love her. She was amazing with all my ideas changing and my total randomness. Plus we got the final total to be less! Yay for saving money!
All my classes are going awesome minus my kineas class.... I'm probably going to have to take it again... But I'll atleast be familiar with things then. It's just a little frusterating.
But on the plus side... It's almost friday.... And my wedding is almost here!
November 3, 2009
Every day I take more and more of my life at my parent's house over to the new place. It's a little hard but mostly exciting. I love playing house, evidently. I love cleaning things and laying liners out, dusting, sorting through things that should have been thrown away in 2005.... But it's just me. Jake has found that with having the place all to himself he is more able to take apart broken X-Boxes and tinker with my computer.... whatever makes him happy I guess.
We've also been having a hard time getting Jake a job... Getting him an interview has even been tough. He's been actively searching for a radiology tech job since he got his license (October 6th) and hasn't gotten 1 single bite. he's been to medical job fairs and is now talking to someone who knows his cousin's girlfriend trying to get an interview... the woman said Jake's resume was too 'hard and rigid'.... I don't know what that means, but the lady is working with Jake and trying to get him an interview at OhioHealth. PRAY FOR HIM PLEASE!!!??? We're getting a little nervous about all of this and we could really use it. Where I would relish in the freedom of not having anyone looking over my shoulder, he just gets bored.
wedding things are coming along. I have meetings this week with the florist and our priest for our final pre-marital thing. Then next week I have my hair trial, a meeting with our DJ and a meeting with our organist.
The only projects that I have on my plate as of right now are pomanders (all 3 of them are half done) and our letters. I'll update more on that later....
I still have no camera. I'm bummin.
Classes are kicking my ass. Kinesiology is going WAY too fast for me to get the information. I'm thinking I'm not quite going to pass this one. And what sucks is it's not offered again until spring. So yeah. I'm not thrilled. But oh well, I'll get things figured out.
I'm trying to decide if I want to shell out the money to stay at a hotel the night before the wedding. I don't know where we'll be getting ready otherwise.... But it's something to think about. I might just have everyone meet at the church early for hair and makeup. It would save $$.... damn. the decisions I have to make. lol. Anyway.
I think that's about it. Once I figure out a way to get some decent pictures I'll post them...
what all do I owe now?
-'It's tough' post
I'm on it. just allow a few days where the updates are all over the place and I'll be good.