Home Home Home

November 10, 2009

Think Tank Tuesday

so my question of the day is:

How do you deal with a Post Traumatic Stress..... OK lets call it Current Traumatic Stressed soldier who is deployed to Afghanistan that recently had his heart broken by his fiance who was feeling pressured to set a date when she's only 18 when he's saying things like 'lets get married in December on my leave so I can die a happy man'

WTF?! Honestly? Who says things like that to their fiance?! I don't blame her one bit for freaking out. I would have... They had only been engaged for a month and only dating for 3. He got deployed and a month in she couldn't take it any more. He was pressuring her and she knew she wasn't ready.... What am I supposed to say to him? he's not even in the country.

He's been talking crazy... volunteering for all missions and wishing for the stray bullet.... that kind of crazy. Dying so his family can get his SGIH money (not right acronym... I know). All because his life is nothing without her... Telling people to stop praying for him because he doesn't want to come home. That he doesn't believe in prayer and that eh wont even read scripture....

I don't even know what to talk to him about. I've tried every tactic in the book... support, pity, anger, humor... Nothing makes anything better.... He thinks no one can relate to him...

I want to try to go through his chain of command and put him on suicide watch.... But it's hard because we don't know where he is. ... Does anyone know if there is a way to do this from home?

He's Jake's best friend. It's impossible to stop caring or trying to help. I'm at a loss.....

1 comment:

ihatemichigan said...

I"m absolutely sure there is a way to go through chain of command to get him checked on. I don't know how, but it has to be possible. Someone in that fragile of a state can be dangerous to others in his situation. Good Luck!