Tonight Jake and I are going to try to get out to the realtor's place to grab keys for 2 townhouses. They're in Grandview and look like they'd be really good for out first place. Not
And now for
-pick a first dance song and start practicing
-ask Jake's old neighbor to be a reader for the ceremony
-Order another groomsman gift (Jake's older cousin cant be in the ceremony anymore... but now my brother can!)
- Get wedding rings (yeah we haven't even really looked at any yet)
- Choose honeymoon (it's between a cruise and Disney World.... Military get a week free at DW..... but a cruise.... it's a hard decision)
- Jake: ask remaining groomsmen to be in the wedding... (yeah there are only... 3 that need to be officially asked... I bug him daily)
- Get a passport if we're going on a cruise.... (that means apply for another birth certificate so I can send it in)
- Jake: get boys in and measured for tux
- Finalize guest list so I can give my MOH a shower guest list
- Finalize guest list for invitations
- Send out invites by Sept. 28th
- Reserve hotel blocks
- Buy guest book frame
- Marriage counseling
- Meet with organist
- Cake testing!
- Buy ribbon for chairs and pomanders
- Put together 'must play' and 'don't you dare play' lists
And that's just for this month..... I mean DAMN! I had better get my butt in gear!
What do you think about the honeymoon choices? I really need help. I've been to D.W. (when I was a high school sophomore) Jake went when he was about 6-7.... Jake's been on a cruise... twice and I've never been... But if we go to D.W. his mom will give us the $$ she would have spent to put toward the wedding......... Do you see my dilemma?
Today I'm thankful for:
- YouTube.... it's such an awesome time consuming thing.
- friends, family and fellow bloggers who I can ask their opinions.
- knowing that those who are quick to purchase huge and extravagantly material things with their wedding money will soon have no money. lets weigh the pros and cons.... Hmmm... $1200 flat screen vs. 2 months rent.... watch the 4 channels they can..... live without paying rent for almost 2 months.... OK OK I'm done.
- My fiance....he's not afraid to tell me I was right... and I love that.
- Happy Greek!!!!! YAY LUNCH!
and last but not least
- My papa! Today is his Birthday... He is now 58 years young!!!
Dad with my SH the story of us 's husband
Love you daddy-kins!