Home Home Home

September 15, 2009

The Pre-Wedding Shpiel

Last night we had our first meeting with our priest for wedding stuff!

We went through the service and made some decisions about where certain things would go and how many readers we needed. Who was going to hold the Communion tray... that kind of thing. It was cool. We're both pretty familiar with the order of stuff but I had no idea the service was as flexible as it is. I mean you hear Episcopalian and you think Church of England right?

And from there you mind starts racing to King Henry XIII and how he was messed up with his wives... Then you start thinking about Ann Boleyn and the book/movie 'The other Boleyn' and how they could have done that better. Then you think about Elizabeth and how weird it was that she made those collars high fashion... I mean really, the whole shaving/wig and white makeup scene in 'Elizabeth' was so depressing... Then you remember Dame Judy Dench's scene in 'Shakespeare in Love' when she's about to step in the puddle and the servant takes to long and she gets irritated. Cracks me up every time... Then you think about how in 'Shakespeare in love' the little boy in that said he saw Gweneth Paltrow's 'bubbies'... what a stupid word. But it's still one of the best movies of all time.

What was I talking about? Ohh the Church of England... Branched off from Catholic making the Protestant and all that jazz. You'd think that since the two, catholic and episcopal, are so similar... minus the confession of sins and such... that the service and order of things would be non-negotiable. So that was cool....

I apologize for the glimpse into my brain just then.

Anyway, after that we got the overview for the test thing that we're going to take that's like a personality/how well you mesh test. I have a feeling that Jake and I will do pretty well. I mean we're not perfect, but we're really good about talking about things.... most of the time..... as long as I bring it up..... and there is a long car ride involved...............

OK OK, I give. This is going t be good for us. I'm ancy for the email with our account info so I can get the test done...


P.S. We got our passport stuff done yesterday during my lunch hour...
YAY!!! And we might have found a place.... more on that when I get more information!

1 comment:

ALin said...

HAA! I always trap J in the car and talk his ear off! Sometimes it's the only way to get his full and undivided attention! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?!?