Home Home Home

July 7, 2009

Utter and Complete Dissapointment

So Jake and I went to pick up the invites we chose from Michael's on Saturday.... I was amped. But when I opened them disappointment was all I felt. The reply envelopes were see-thru, the black folds rub off on the white inside and the paper used was not what was pictured... and it would cost a lot to line both AND get them printed... I pretended to love them but every time I opened them I didn't more and more... So yesterday we agreed to returned them.

I don't know what to do. I don't know where to look. I don't know how to fix it. So today I'm looking at websites (Michael's, target, walmart and invite websites) Trying to find out a solution that would be just as cost efficient. But I don't know if we'll find anything that fits the theme and colors so perfectly.

I feel like my fam is going to do some 'Erin don't be so picky... they're just invites' comments... but I'm totally not as happy with them as I though I was going to be....

There's nothing worse than going back on your word.... even when it was just me saying that these invites were 'it'.

What to do, what to do.....

~~~EDIT~~~

OK so that was this morning. This is now. Lets recap.

Michael's invites = cheap... but cheap. liked them less and less every time I looked at them.

solution = looking around.
So far I've found The American Wedding. the options I like are now up on the planning bio. check them out and tell me which ones you like the best.... They range from .99 to 1.09... Invites only. I'd still need response cards, but I think that's it. (There are so many other card options like reception cards and direction cards and thank you cards... I cant even fathom the options.)

2 comments:

soon to be mrs. said...

I say stick with your gut. If you don't like them you don't like them. Look around and see if anything else is out there,if not use them as a last resort kind of thing.

Crystal said...

I like #1, 4, and 6.