Home Home Home

July 27, 2009

DJ and Pictures All in One Week

Who remembers what capitalization rules apply to what... Not me obviously.

OK so tonight Jake and I are meeting with a DJ from Capital City Sound to see how we like they're set up. I have no idea what we're looking for. So we'll see how this goes. Any pointers would be appreciated. But I'm excited.

The meeting with the florist went awesome. I guessed my budget would be maybe 750.... and she said 650 would be just fine. Yay. Go team flowers!

Our pictures are scheduled to be on Wednesday..... But the weather is supposed to be scattered thunder storms with a high of 74 degrees...... CRAP. I wonder what we're supposed to do? Oh well. I emailed Brittany, so we'll see.

So this weekend was good. The Quad (me, fiance, fiance's twin and fiance's twin's fiance.... hahahaha) all went to a friends house to help her celebrate her 21st birthday. prior to starting the late night events it was an all girls evening with a 'toy' party and awesome snacks. I was a little out of my element.... But the games were fun! So once the boys joined us and the party started it was a generally good night...... until a table got broken by someone who wasn't really invited over.... Then things got thrown and people talked trash. It was interesting. There was almost a fight. Some people didn't stick up for their friends, and as soon as trouble was near they bolted. Jake and I stayed up until 4 waiting to make sure everything was calmed down and settled. It was exhausting to say the least.

Saturday, after waking up at the butt-crack of.... morning, Jake and I headed to our separate homes. I went o a bridal shower that I was forced to leave. I was bummed. The games were fun. The food was awesome. And the bride was adorable. It was polka-dot themed so everyone was dressed appropriately. And I had to leave before the presents started. I then drove back to Dublin to pick up Jake, who got left behind because I was told to be at the house by 4.... when really we were supposed to leave the house by 4... and drive 45 mins to a party with all Jake's mom's co-workers. It was fine. We talked weddings and played volleyball. I actually held my own. (this coming from a girl who opted for independent study gym because at the time I was too fit for the required heart monitor to help unless I sprinted across the gym all class period. Did I mention I was a dancer.... And running requires the complete opposite muscles so therefore I was constantly in pain.... And failing my gym class....) Needless to say I'm not a team sport player. But it was fun.

Then yesterday Jake and I went to look at a car his Gram found. It was nice, but not our style... it was a Buick Le Sabre. It was nice.... but I said it was a hell of a deal, but if it were just up to me, I would say no. So Jake said no. He wants a Honda civic. So we're still looking. (damn it)

But that was my weekend. It was nice. I love my fiance and I just hope the picture situation will work out.

2 comments:

The New Mrs said...

I am keeping my fingers (and toes)crossed for good weather Wednesday! I cannot wait to see pictures. And GL on your meeting with the DJ. Just remember that they are experts that do weddings every single weekend. So try not to worry too much! :)

Cher said...

HI! Just wanted to stop by and welcome you as the newest follower to Love, Actually! I'm so glad to have you on board! Congrats on your upcoming wedding....I know it's a lot of work, but it all pays off in the end! Thanks for following!