Home Home Home

May 12, 2009

The Veil is in My Hot Little Hands

I got my veil last night in the mail! its a little long and I'm thinking of putting it on a clip rather than the comb its on. And really it depends on how my hair would be if it's too short or not... cause if my hair is low, it's fine... If the comb has to go higher, then its too long. So I'm going to wait to see my hair after my first hair trial to decide if I need to shorten it because I'd have to take it off the comb due to little crystal's being all over the dang place. lol. But I think I like it. I cant remember how much I loved it at the dress place with my dress on... but I think I really did, so I'm not worried even though I had a little bit of a panic moment.


So this is in the plans for the veil.

agenda:
make fascenator (as many as needed, give extras to FG and JBM as gifts)
steam veil (its weird shaped right now)
hair trial
attach comb (shorten if necessary... do it on same day as hair trial to be sure of length and style)
pick facinator (once veil is correct)

side note:
So I gave my dress to Jake's grama (she's my seamstress) and since the dress was so big on me... she basically has to take it apart. I'm still not sure about the neck... Or my hair style (which would help me choose the neck style). So for right now Renate is fixing the neck to be up... Then if I don't really like it we will figure out how to put it down.

Pluses for neck:.......................................... Minuses for neck:
Hold dress up .............................................................Itchy
Unique ........................................................................Might 'date' my dress and pictures
No necklace needed ..................................................Might be too out there
Beautiful .....................................................................Hair has to be up

Pluses for strapless: ...................................Minuses for strapless:
More common (less likely to 'date' my dress)........Hard to put scalloped edge on
Hair can be down or up ............................................Not unique
Beautiful

No comments: