Home Home Home

March 11, 2009

Photographer, Check... but annoyances follow

So yesterday Jake paid Brittany, our photographer, our deposit. So it's Official. We have a photographer! I am so excited!

But on another note...

So Jake last week told me about his grandma Reissig calling and telling him about how as twins the boys and the weddings were being thought of as an article in Columbus Bride Monthly... The whole twins in love and getting married within 6 months of each other story. Which, personally, I dint know how to feel about that. I know that his grandma means well but that's one more thing I will have to worry about. Plus the woman has some control issues and talked to the magazine with out asking ANY of the people involved. So TOB and I came to an agreement that if we are not the ones contacted than we will not be doing the article. We will not have the boys' grama run anything concerning our wedding. So we are not going to acknowledge that it is even happening until it is for sure. The other thing is that I don't know if I really want to have the article happen, just for personal reasons. I mean think about it. I'm a bride on a budget... TOB is not. I know that it can't be helped, but I'm a little weary. It just makes me feel like I really need to be on my ball and get things organized to make sure that our day will be pulled together and different enough that it wont be obvious.

Knowing this, my mom called me into her room the other night to tell me that grama Reissig was at a funeral that took place at my church. (where we are getting married). She proceeded to introduce herself to my priest and tell him all about the magazine article. The priest then talked to my mom and basically told her that he didn't want a three ring circus. GREAT. Did I mention that we haven't signed a contract with my church.... That means they could tell us no. That means we'd be out of a ceremony place... Thank you Grandma Reissig. I know you meant well, but you need to keep you big nose to yourself. I don't need anyone else bossing me around about events for our wedding.

No comments: