Home Home Home

January 8, 2009

The thrill of the chase

OK, so since I went to Wendy's I have been obsessing over those dresses. (photographers too) But I just cant get the dress out of my head. I keep questioning whether I like it because its so different... OR because I think it's "the dress". Will the style mess with the vibe I want to give my guests? My planning bio gives a lot of what I'm looking for.... no. I've decided.

The dress is beautiful. But I don't think its what I want... Don't get me wrong. I want the dress.... But not for my wedding. I think that it is more like how I WANT to be... but not how I am. Does that make any sense? I just want to play in it... It would be more like a dress up thing than a wedding thing.

So now that I feel better about that. lol.

I think Jake and i have found our photographer. We haven't contacted her yet, but we will soon. I don't want to say anything cause I don't want to jinx it. But I'm really excited.

My rents and I are going to the Vault tomorrow to check it out. I'm hoping it will have the old school vintage feeling I'm looking for. If not we'll check other places. I'm kinda big on checking out things I know I want first, and I've been eyeballing the Vault for a while.

Jake only has 2 more weeks of classes at Ft. Sam left... I don't know if one of them is spent in the field or if the 2 weeks is in addition to the one on the field. But he is really excited to get to DC with his twin, josh.

I'm trying to think of as many DIY projects for the wedding that I can while holding the standard I want. So far I think Dad is making wooden E and J for us to hang on the doors of someplace... I haven't decided yet. I also want to make our STD's. I'm thinking about silk flowers for the centerpieces but I need to find out if soild green orchids are out there somewhere. I want to make a little sign that reads "Here comes the bride" on one side and "... And they lived happily ever after" on the other for my RB to carry instead of a pillow... (I think its really cute). Dad can do that one too so its all pretty. I want to do little wax paper satchels of birdseed to go along with the bubbles that get passed out. I might have to make those. I can't think of anything else yet... But maybe I should start making a list.

More to come... and once I get into the DIY items I'll post the process and pictures with it.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

You need to learn how to use spell check. Lol!