Home Home Home

January 29, 2009

Budget Talk



OK so the FI and I had our first real budget talk. Needless to say his attitude was 'I don't care how much we pay for. I just want to marry you.' while its cute.... Its also very frustrating. He makes me feel so superficial. While I know its not the case, it still makes me think.

I'm trying to cut corners here and make everything as cost effective as I possibly can. It's very hard when the average wedding in Columbus is $22,000. My budget is well under that and I know I will be able to keep it that way.

I want to get things set in stone. My first attempt is with the reception venue. I feel obsessive. AARRRGG. OK well Jake and I are going to go see Bentley (yes that is his name!) at the Vault on the 7th. (Jake will be home for the weekend! Who's excited?!!!) If Jake likes it I want to talk facts and figures to get it. Hopefully that will be set in stone by the beginning/middle of February.

Tomorrow I am going to the running of the brides in hopes of finding 'The' dress. And hopefully it will be obnoxiously under priced and fabulous. Cross you fingers! I'll update tomorrow when I get to work. Wish me luck!

No comments: